January 3rd 2013
The Celtic and Junior Dragons are back for another season in the Netball Superleague and we want to make our home events bigger and better than ever before.
It takes a lot of planning and effort in the run-up to each event and on the day.
This is where you come in …….. We need the following volunteers for match days:
• Music Controller x 1 This person will control of the “downtime” and march-on music under the direction of the Event Co-ordinator.
• Stewards x 6 To ensure spectators are seated promptly (and stay there!), do not wander onto the court or into any other area where they are not permitted and to offer advice to spectators and guests when necessary.
• Sales Personnel x 2 As the name suggests, to sell and promote the Welsh Netball Merchandise on offer.
• Ticket Sellers x 2 To check pre-sold tickets and sell tickets on the door.
• Programme Sellers x 2 To approach spectators as they enter the hall to encourage them to purchase a programme and to wander amongst the crowd to catch any missed on the door!
• Fundraisers x 2 To sell raffle tickets during the event.
• Ball Girls x 6 per game Sometimes, there will be two games, so two teams of ball girls may be required to monitor the sides of the court in match play and collect stray balls. They may be also be asked to wipe the court if there is any liquid following treatment of an injury.
Do you have what it takes to make a Netball Superleague Event that little bit extra special?? This is your opportunity to showcase your club to other Welsh Netball Members and be rewarded for your efforts, here are just some of the benefits:
* We hope to have photographers at each of our home events and you could find yourself on the Welsh Netball website or in a future photo gallery – some of the games will be televised on SKY Sports, so you could even be on TV too!!
* Each volunteer team member will be issued with a polo shirt which would be their’s to keep.
* You will be able to sneak a peek of the game from your working station and maybe even meet some of the netball stars, subject to permission from the team management!
* You will receive 10% discount on any Welsh Netball Merchandise you may wish to purchase.
* Discount on match tickets for other Netball Superleague events.
* A mention in the match-day programme and PA announcements during the event.
* Recognition at the WN Awards evening in the Summer.
If your club is interested, check out the fixture list in the Celtic Dragons or Events section of the Welsh Netball website and complete the application form across the page.
We look forward to hearing from YOU ………………………………….